Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update for Dentistry
COVID-19 Malo Dental Update Robina, Gold Coast
Here at Malo Dental Clinic Gold Coast the health and safety of our staff and patients is our highest priority. As the situation with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has evolved, we have introduced several measures to help keep our patients and staff safe.
We have now moved to level 3 restrictions (emergency dentistry only)
If you are experiencing a dental emergency please email our practice at: firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate response.
Key points regarding level 3 restrictions are:
- Cease all care of anyone who should be self-isolating (whether or not they are symptomatic)
- Cease non-urgent care for patients who are 70 or older, pregnant, medically or immunocompromised
- Cease all aerosol-generating procedures for all patients receiving non-urgent care.
One of the most significant risk factors for contracting a severe illness from the novel coronavirus is age. The RACDS has developed significant resources on risk factors and other co-morbidities and I would encourage you to read and reflect on this information in relation to your own circumstances including ceasing practice if you are over 60 years of age.
Malo Dental Clinic continue to implement the following high standards of hygiene and have also intensified these measures for COVID-19:
- Strengthening our cleaning procedures, including actively promoting the regular use of antibacterial hand sanitiser and surface wipes;
- Standard infection control procedures;
- Reminding our staff of personal hygiene measures and our Infectious Diseases Policy.
- Personal protective equipment such as standard level 2 surgical masks, protective eyewear and gloves;
We request all patients and staff who are deemed high-risk to the coronavirus disease, to not come into the clinic and follow the government’s health advice.
If any of the following applies to you, please reschedule your appointment;
- Have had recent contact with another person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
- Have any flu-like symptoms, including a cough, fever, shortness of breath or sore throat.
If any of these applied to you, then you must be in isolation at home for 14 days.
At Malo Dental Gold Coast, we understand that your oral health is important and we will continue to provide the best care we possibly can, while abiding by all health protocols.
In the event that all non-essential treatment must cease, emergency orthodontic treatment will only continue to be offered, as emergencies must be dealt with.
However, during this time, it is important to refrain from undertaking any activities or eating foods that can easily cause damage to your oral health to reduce the amount of appointments.
At Malo Dental we offer emergency dental appointments during normal operating hours.
For further information and support, please contact our staff or by calling our clinic on 07 5661 9024.